Your Community Watch Team has received the following notice from the Cary Police Department:
“We wanted to take a moment to share with you that we have seen an increase in activity related to larceny from auto and auto thefts. Subjects are targeting unlocked vehicles and they are looking for anything of value left in the vehicles.
So as the New Year is upon us and everyone is thinking about some New Year’s Resolutions, we are asking you to make locking your vehicle up each night before going to bed and removing anything of value one of your resolutions.
Here are some other tips to avoid being a victim.
- Do not leave valuable items visible in your car.
- Close all windows and lock all doors before leaving your vehicle.
- Do not hand a thief your key - Remove key fobs
- Do not leave any money in your vehicle
- Do not leave any weapons in your vehicle
- If you have a vehicle alarm use it
If you see something out of the ordinary or if it looks suspicious in your neighborhood, please call us. Many times people notice something suspicious but do not call because they assume someone else has called. Do not assume!! Make the call – 911 or non-emergency number 919-469-4012.
Key contact information for Cary Police Department, District 3:
- Non-Emergency Number: 919-469-4012
Again, the Cary Police Department is committed to crime prevention and we believe working together with our citizens makes a difference in our community’s success.”