The 2017 holiday season is now history. Many of you have received or purchased new fun items. These include bikes, kayaks, sporting equipment, laptops, and all kinds of electronics.
The following are a few items to keep in mind as we start the New Year.
- Make sure that bikes and sporting equipment are stored in your locked garage. Even leaving them in your driveway for a short period of time attracts the wrong attention.
- Make sure that kayaks and boats are padlocked. Boats do go missing.
- Don’t forget that all watercraft (on Lake Lochmere only) must display a Lochmere boating permit. You need two stickers per craft (one each side of the bow. Stickers are needed for kayaks too). The cost is $5 per watercraft. The stickers may be purchased from the Main Office at 502 Lochmere Drive during scheduled office hours. Fees should be paid by check made payable to Lochmere Association.
- Do not leave personal items in an unlocked car. Even if your car is locked, don’t leave valuables where they are visible.
- If you observe any suspicious activity or individuals, please report it to Cary Police by phoning 911 if it is urgent or 919-469-4012 if it is not an emergency situation.