To limit community spread and promote the health and safety of everyone, over the past week Wake County Commissioners and North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper have issued county and state-wide Stay At Home Orders. In response, the Town of Cary is under a State of Emergency. For more details about the restrictions, please visit HERE. In places where the two orders are in conflict with one another, citizens of Wake County are required to follow the stricter of the two orders.
As the coronavirus continues to develop, we are all being inundated with updates: some factual, some not so. Unfortunately, times like this bring out the worst in some people.
The following are a few hints from your Community Watch Team.
- Keep your house and personal belongings safe. Keep your garage doors down. If you have cars parked in your driveway, make sure they are locked and don’t leave personal items in the car.
- Don’t give out any personal information over the phone or the internet.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations and home test kits.
- As always, be aware of your surroundings if you have to go out.
- Most importantly we are under a Stay At Home Order. Any time you are out, please follow social distancing practices.
In searching the internet for factual information regarding steps to be taken during this unchartered pandemic, we found a comprehensive consumer information document prepared by the Federal Trade Commission. We recommend that everyone review it HERE.
Please remember that the Cary Police are here to protect us. You will see more patrols through the community to make sure we are safe. They are also reminding those who are congregating at areas such as the boat ramp and parks about the restrictions.
If you see anything that you feel is out of place or makes you feel uncomfortable, please do not hesitate to contact the Cary Police:
- Dial 911 for Emergency Assistance
- Call (919) 469-4012 for Non-Emergency Police response 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
We hope that you stay safe and healthy. Together we can win this battle.