Curbside loose leaf collection is 2/3 complete in Lochmere. The Town of Cary will make the third and final scheduled stop in Lochmere starting January 21 and ending January 26.
As you prepare your leaves for pick-up, the Town of Cary has provided the following tips to ensure your leaves are collected and to help keep our streets and crews safe during the program:
- Keep leaves along the curb and out of the roadway.
- Avoid placing leaves on sidewalks, meter boxes, sewer clean outs and storm drains.
- Place leaves away from fire hydrants and mail boxes.
- Park vehicles a safe distance from your leaves so they are accessible for pick up.
- Place loose leaves curbside by 7 a.m. on the first scheduled day of collection for your area. The Town of Cary trucks will come by your street once during each collection period, and it could be at the start or end of that time frame.
You may see the Town of Cary trucks on your street early as they prepare for their routes. Don't worry, they will return as scheduled to collect your leaves.
Citizens can request an additional loose leaf collection at their address from November to January for $100; call (919) 469-4090 to schedule. At any time during the year, leaves in reusable containers or paper bags can be placed curbside for regular yard waste collection or taken to the Citizen’s Convenience Center, 313 N. Dixon Avenue, at no charge. For more, including the collection map and schedule, search HERE (just type in your address in the Search box) or call (919) 469-4090.