Sunday, October 27, 2019, 04:00pm - 07:00pm
Bring the whole family and celebrate Halloween on Lake Lochmere on Sunday, October 26, by joining us for the first annual Lochmere Pumpkin Flotilla. Watch pirates on board their ghostly vessel pull your carved pumpkins on the waters of Lake Lochmere! Sing along to spooky Halloween songs.
Register each carved pumpkin online no later than October 18th (registration details below)> This event is FREE and open to all ages but is limited to the first 100 pumpkins registered.
Schedule Of Events:
- 4:00 - 5:45 PM -- Pumpkin Drop Off At Lake Lochmere dock.
- 6:30 PM -- Pumpkin Flotilla Launch
- Get A Pumpkin: Purchase a pumpkin that weighs about 8 pounds after it is carved -- that's approximately the size of a socccer ball. Mini or extra-large pumpkins cannot be accepted for the Flotilla.
- Get Creative: All pumpkins must come with tops and be carved at home. To protect our lake, pumpkins with artificial decorations (such as paint, glitter, marker, food dye, paper, or plastic) cannot be accepted for the Flotilla.
- Drop Off Your Pumpkin: We will have a designated drop-off area at Lake Lochmere dock between 4:00 and 5:45 PM. A light and floating device will be provided when you bring your jack-o-lantern to the event.
- Watch Lake Lochmere Get Spooky!!!!! Find a spot along the bridge over Lake Lochmere. At twilight join us for spooky Halloween songs as the pumpkins float by.
- Pumpkin Return: Pumpkins will be returned immediately after the event to the Lake Lochmere dock. That is where you should pick your pumpkin up. Unclaimed pumpkins will be disposed of in the pumpkin graveyard.
Please register HERE and bring your carved pumpkin to the event.
We look forward to seeing you at the Pumpkin Flotilla!