Saturday, October 30, 2021, 04:00pm - 06:45pm
Bring the whole family and celebrate Halloween on Lake Lochmere for a night of swashbuckling adventure at the second annual Lochmere Pirate Pumpkin Flotilla. Watch pirates on board their ghostly vessels pull your carved pumpkins on the waters of Lake Lochmere! Sing along to spooky Halloween songs and enjoy this fun event!
Register each carved pumpkin below no later than October 27th (registration details below). This event is FREE and all ages are welcome to carve a pumpkin. It is limited to the first 100 pumpkins registered.
Schedule Of Events:
- 4:00 - 5:00 PM -- Pumpkin Drop Off At Lake Lochmere dock.
- 6:45 PM -- Pumpkin Flotilla Launch.
- Get A Pumpkin: Any carved pumpkin will do but one approximately the size of a socccer ball is ideal.
- Get Creative: All pumpkins must come with tops and be carved at home. To protect our lake, pumpkins with artificial decorations (such as paint, glitter, marker, food dye, paper, or plastic) cannot be accepted for the Flotilla.
- Drop Off Your Pumpkin: We will have a designated drop-off area at Lake Lochmere dock between 4:00 and 5:00 PM. A light and floating device will be provided for each registered pumpkin.
- Watch Lake Lochmere Get Spooky!!!!! Find a spot along the bridge over Lake Lochmere. At twilight join the pirates for spooky Halloween songs as their ships pull pumpkins along the bridge of Lake Lochmere.
- Pumpkin Return: Pumpkins will be returned immediately after the event to the Lake Lochmere dock. That is where you should pick your pumpkin up. Unclaimed pumpkins will be disposed of in the pumpkin graveyard.
Please register HERE and bring your carved pumpkin to the event.
We look forward to seeing you at the Pumpkin Flotilla!