Governor Roy Cooper announced on May 14 that the state will continue to ease some COVID-19 restrictions. Executive Order No. 215 will take effect May 14 at 5 PM.
To read the entire Executive Order 215 please visit HERE. It will expire on June 11, 2021 at 5PM or sooner if the need arises.
North Carolina's weather is perfect to spend outside. Most importantly, wherever you go: Social distancing means that you should stay at least six feet away from people outside your household.
Spending time outdoors and exercising are important. It helps to maintain both physical and mental health.
- If you are walking or jogging around Loch Lomond, remember, no bikes, scooters, skateboards, or skates are allowed and dogs must be leashed.
- If you are walking or jogging along Lochmere Drive or Loch Highlands Drive, please do so on the sidewalks. According to North Carolina law, where sidewalks are provided, bike lanes are restricted to bike usage only .
- Bikers should ride with the flow of traffic. Be very careful if your children are riding with you.
- When in your car, be aware that that there is an increase in both foot and bike traffic.
- Remember that the Lochmere Golf course is a semi-private entity with no affiliation to Lochmere Association. Bikers and walkers should not use the cart paths around the course.
Lochmere is home to approximately 10 miles of trails. This is a great opportunity to explore the natural beauty of Lochmere. All trails (with the exception of the one around Loch Lomond) can be enjoyed either on foot or on bikes. If you are riding a bike, please be careful of foot traffic. If you are unfamiliar with the trails, you can access a copy HERE (you must be logged in to do so).
Updated COVID-19 information can always be found on the home page of lochmere.org.
Enjoy spending more time with your children, get to know your neighbors better (even if it is at a distance), and stay safe and healthy and, MOST IMPORTANTLY, WEAR YOUR MASK WHEN RECOMMENDED AND WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN.