We are very lucky to live in Cary where the Town picks up our yard waste weekly. Now that autumn is quickly approaching and leaves are starting to fall, many residents will be outside cleaning up their yards.
Here are a few reminders from the Town Of Cary on how to keep our neighborhood free of debris on the streets and on the trails:
- Please do not leave or pile up your yard debris next to Lochmere's trails and common areas.
- Take your yard waste to the curb for weekly pickup. Place yard waste at the curb by 7 a.m. on our regular collection day. In Lochmere Thursdays are our regular collection day, but that is sometimes changed due to holidays or storms. If in doubt, you can always check HERE (Just type in your address).
- Place yard waste in either/or:
- reusable containers with handles (maximum 32 gallon container, 25 pounds each)
- paper bags (25 pounds max)
- If you are not using containers, securely tie the debris in bundles that are small enough for one person to handle, not more than four (4) feet in length, not more than twenty-four (24) inches in diameter and with no individual pieces more than four (4) inches in diameter.
- Limbs must be less than four feet in length and less than four inches in diameter.
The maximum volume of curbside yard waste consisting of reusable containers, paper bags, or securely tied bundles (see guidelines above) for regular collection at each home on one day cannot exceed 240 cubic feet (8 feet long by 5 feet wide by 6 feet tall).
Debris on the trails and on the streets are unsightly to look at and can lead to fires during warmer months.
For more information about the Town of Cary’s garbage, recycling, and yard waste programs, please visit HERE.