Pool season at Lochmere has finally arrived! Opening day at the Lochwood Pools is Sunday, May 9th, 12 Noon to 7:00 PM.
At this time the pools will be operating with restrictions as put forth by the latest Executive Order issued by Governor Roy Cooper and guidelines and protocols as required and recommended by the North Carolina Department of Health & Services (NC DHHS). That being said the pools will be operating with limited capacity and furniture placed to allow for required social distancing.
The NC DHHS also recommends that patrons wear face coverings when they are outdoors and not in the pool and are less than 6 feet away from others.
The following are highlights of how the pools will operate. Please remember that these guidelines can change very quickly and we will update you as things occur.
- At this time, no guests are allowed. Only those residing permanently at an address are allowed to use the pools. Residents who provide in-home care of a non-resident family member are allowed to bring that person(s) as a guest Monday through Friday.
- There will be no reservation system. Depending on what capacity limitations are going forward throughout the summer, there is the possibility that we would have to use a system for Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Labor Day weekend. This would allow all residents the opportunity to use the facilities on those high attendance days.
- There will be no 2-hour breaks to sanitize. The facility will be totally sanitized once per day and high-touch areas will be sanitized throughout the day as per NC DHHS guidelines.
- Personal pool toys will be allowed in the pool.
- The slide and diving boards will be open with social distancing.
For now, the following will be missing from your pool experience:
- There will be no lost and found so make sure to take all of your belongings home with you.
- The snack bar will be closed until further notice.
- No pool-side parties will be offered until current capacity restrictions are lifted.
- No grill nights will be offered until further notice.
For those of you who just want to enjoy the pools, the Lochwood Pools will be open on their pre-season schedule. Basically the Lap Pool opens at 2PM and the Main Pool opens at 4PM Monday through Friday and both are open regular hours on weekends. A May Pool Calendar can be found HERE.
The Highlands Pool will open for the Memorial Day weekend.
All facilities (Lochwood and Highlands) will operate on their summer schedule starting Friday, June 11.