Curbside loose leaf collection is 1/3 complete in Lochmere. The Town of Cary will make the second of three scheduled stops in Lochmere between December 8 and December 16.
This is the last pickup before Christmas. Your neighbors will thank you if you place leaves at the curb now. Remember that Christmas Eve many residents light luminaries at the edge of their driveways so we don't want any leaves to catch fire.
There will be a third collection from January 24 to January 27.
As you prepare your leaves for pick-up, the Town of Cary has provided the following tips to ensure your leaves are collected and to help keep our streets and crews safe during the program:
- Keep leaves along the curb and out of the roadway.
- Avoid placing leaves on sidewalks, meter boxes, sewer clean outs and storm drains.
- Place leaves away from fire hydrants and mail boxes.
- Park vehicles a safe distance from your leaves so they are accessible for pick up.
- Keep trash, large stones, and other debris out of the leaf piles.
- Place loose leaves curbside by 7 a.m. on the first scheduled day of collection for your area. The Town of Cary trucks will come by your street once during each collection period, and it could be at the start or end of that time frame.
Please refrain from blowing or raking leaves on to Lochmere traffic islands. The Town of Cary will not remove leaves from these islands. Leaves should be put on your property and not directly in the street.
You may see the Town of Cary trucks on your street early as they prepare for their routes. Don't worry, they will return as scheduled to collect your leaves.
At any time during the year, leaves in reusable containers or paper bags can be placed curbside for regular yard waste collection or taken to the Citizen’s Convenience Center, 313 N. Dixon Avenue, at no charge.
For more, including the collection map and schedule, search HERE (just type in your address in the Search box) or call 311.