Curbside loose leaf collection is 2/3 complete in Lochmere. The Town of Cary will make the third and final scheduled stop in Lochmere starting January 19 and ending January 24.
As you prepare your leaves for pick-up, the Town of Cary has provided the following tips to ensure your leaves are collected and to help keep our streets and crews safe during the program:
- Keep leaves along the curb and out of the roadway.
- Avoid placing leaves on sidewalks, meter boxes, sewer clean outs and storm drains.
- Place leaves away from fire hydrants and mail boxes.
- Park vehicles a safe distance from your leaves so they are accessible for pick up.
- Place loose leaves curbside by 7 a.m. on the first scheduled day of collection for your area. The Town of Cary trucks will come by your street once during each collection period, and it could be at the start or end of that time frame.
You may see the Town of Cary trucks on your street early as they prepare for their routes. Don't worry, they will return as scheduled to collect your leaves. This is the final pick-up.
If your landscapers have been blowing your leaves into the road, going forward they must be bagged.
For more information, please visit the Town of Cary's website HERE or dial 311.