Pam Gilbert, Lochmere's Tennis Director, and her staff are ready to meet you. They have a variety of Adult Clinics and Drills scheduled throughout the year. Clinics will consist of stroke production and drills, doubles strategy and singles strategy and drills.
The Board of Directors has lifted some restrictions with regard to tennis and pickle ball. This is the first step to have a slow return to normalcy in our outdoor activities. This is in line with Governor Cooper’s Phase 2 guidelines. An update is expected on September 11, 2020 from Governor Cooper.
- The court scheduler is now available and you can feel free to reserve courts at both the Lochwood and Highlands facilities.
- The tennis staff is available to teach private lessons to residents and non-residents. Lessons to groups of three are also available.
- Courts are available to all residents for tennis and pickle ball play. The Family-only restriction has been lifted.
Anyone using the facilities is reminded of the following:
- For your health and the health and safety of the Lochmere community and the staff, please exercise social responsibility while on premises. Neither the HOA nor its’ management company can be held responsible for preventing the spread of germs throughout the facility including related to COVID-19.
- The facilities are open to members to use at their own risk and users are solely responsible for wiping down surfaces, social distancing within the facility as publicly recommended or required, and using personal protective equipment (gloves, masks, etc.). at their own discretion and personal comfort level.
- Individuals entering the facility are specifically warned that the HOA is not able to sanitize the premises in a manner that would prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Do not use the facility if you or anyone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 or has a cough, fever, or other symptom of illness.
As we receive new information and guidelines, we will inform you via emails and postings right here on lochmere.org.
Important Reminder: If there is a slight hesitation to whether Lochmere Clinics will be held, please do not hesitate to call the Tennis Office at (919)859-2408. Notices will also be posted on the home page of lochmere.org and posted on Twitter.
Reasons for Lochmere Tennis Clinics to be cancelled are as follows:
- High wind speeds.
- Low temperatures.
- Extreme high temperatures.
- Rain or wet courts.